Robert Pattinson; SINA TATIZO NA MATUKIO YA NGONO KWENYE FILAMU [SEX SCENES ]

I don’t have a problem with sex scenes ...it’s more difficult for actresses— says Robert Pattinson CosmopolisCosmopolis


Robert Pattinson
And to the delight of his throngs of female fans, he is doing just that in his new film Cosmopolis.
The 26-year-old British actor, who shares sex scenes with co-star Patricia McKenzie, says: “I don’t really have a problem with those scenes or nudity in general.
“I think it’s more complicated for actresses who are worried about how those scenes can be exploited by the media and how naked photos are constantly getting posted on the internet.”
But even confident R-Patz had problems at one stage while making the film, directed by horror maestro David Cronenberg.
He says: “The sex scenes with Patricia were more difficult.
“It was kind of strange but in the script we were supposed to climax at the beginning of the scene then have this discussion afterwards.
“But David had the brilliant and inspired idea to have us talk while we were having sex.”

Robert Pattinson in Cosmopolis

'Inspired' ... Robert Pattinson in Cosmopolis
The massive success of the Twilight series has made Robert a heart-throb among teens. But his new venture has seen him sink his teeth into a more adult role.
In the film he plays Eric Packer, a Wall Street billionaire whose world is plunged into turmoil as the age of capitalism comes to an end. He hopes the movie will go some way to breaking his Twilight image.

He says: “When you’re part of an immensely popular film franchise like Twilight, it tends to overwhelm anything else you’re doing while those films are still part of the public consciousness.
“Now at least a film like The Hunger Games is gaining a lot of attention. That’s a good thing for me because I can break free from a certain perception that’s been formed about me through my character in Twilight.
“It’s ironic but I was offered the part in Cosmopolis on the last day of shooting on Breaking Dawn. It was an incredible feeling to be getting a call from David Cronenberg at that particular moment.
“It also reminds me that I should be very grateful for what the Twilight films have done for me.”

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart

Heart-throb ... Robert with co-star Kristen Stewart in Breaking Dawn
But even though he was excited, he didn’t accept the role straight away.
He recalls: “Strange as it may seem, I was elated and terrified at the same time and I spent a week thinking about it before I finally called David back and told him I would do it.”
So what made him hesitate? “Fear!” he laughs. “I told David that the character was confused and he actually appreciated that.
“He said he didn’t necessarily understand the character either and that we would figure out who he is while we were shooting the film.
“That’s something I liked about David in that he didn’t try to give me answers about everything and that gave me more freedom to play the character according to my own instincts.
“That kind of freedom also presupposes you are able to find what you need in order to create a compelling performance and in a way I felt that I reached a new level as an actor while making this movie. I kind of manned up and stopped worrying so much.”

Robert Pattinson
Robert Pattinson ... strips off in new movie directed by David Cronenberg
But for Robert, the film offered new challenges — playing the complex and unworldly character Packer.
He says: “He exists in his own separate reality in a way and in the course of the film he’s trying to discover something about the world he’s really living in and how he can adapt to it.
“Packer has become so disconnected from the world that it’s made it difficult for him to understand what it is really like.
“This character is far more demanding than anything I’ve done before.”
And Cronenberg asked him to work in a very abstract way.
Robert says: “He didn’t want me to play the character as if I had a logical explanation for his behaviour. That was an interesting challenge for me and I had to let myself be guided almost entirely by emotion and instinct rather than thinking about how one scene or one line of dialogue connected to the next moment or scene.”
Robert faced stiff competition for the role. He says: “My agent sent me the script to read a year earlier but at the time Colin Farrell was attached to the project and I was bitching to myself about why I wasn’t being offered roles like that.
“I can still remember complaining to my agent about why I was reading a script for a fantastic film when the role wasn’t available. Then a year later David calls me and offers me the role.”
As well as accepting more adult parts, Robert feels he has grown into the spotlight. He says: “You just learn to deal with everything and not be bothered by the attention.
“First of all, it’s flattering and as a performer you’re obviously seeking the approval of audiences.
“Secondly, it means that people appreciate your work. So it’s pointless to let that attention annoy you because it’s a contradiction and self-defeating.
“I live pretty much the way I want to. I simply have to be careful about where I go or how long I stay in one place. I have to be wary if people are tweeting my location at a café but usually I can find a quiet corner somewhere and not have a mob form outside the premises.”
But he still appreciates the success that the £1.6billion Twilight film franchise has given him.
He says: “I have led a charmed life so far as an actor. But I’m trying to find as many different and complex roles as possible.
“Being able to work on this film is another gift that I’ve been given. It’s up to me to show what I’m capable of now.”
And adds: “I’ve grown up. I feel like I know a lot better where my life is heading and it’s wonderful to know that the world is so open to you and it’s up to you to make the most out of your life.”



The rise and rise of R-Patz



ROBERT PATTINSON was born in Barnes, SW London, in 1986. He landed his first big film role in 2005, playing Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire.
He then starred as Art in independent comedy drama How To Be in 2008.
But he really hit the big time when he played sexy vampire Edward Cullen in 2008’s Twilight. Teenage female fans loved him and he won a series of MTV Movie Awards including Breakthrough Performance Male and Best Kiss. Also in 2008, he played artist Salvador Dali in the Spanish-British film Little Ashes.
He reprised the role of Cullen in 2009’s The Twilight Saga: New Moon and 2010’s third instalment Eclipse. He then squeezed in romantic film Remember Me in 2010.
He starred in Water For Elephants with Reese Witherspoon in 2011. Last year he also starred in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1. Part 2 is out later this year.
Cosmopolis opens on June 15.

Posted by bongofilmdatabase on 9:25 AM. Filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0

0 comments for Robert Pattinson; SINA TATIZO NA MATUKIO YA NGONO KWENYE FILAMU [SEX SCENES ]

Post a Comment

LETS HOOK UP

.

.
.
slide

SIRI YA MTUNGI PHOTO CAPTION


Recently Commented

ALBUM YA BONGOFILM

SIMULIZI ZILIZOBAMBA KWENYE KURASA ZA KIJAMII

TAKE ONE -HBABA NA FLORA INTERVIEW

2009 Bongofilmdatabase. All Rights Reserved. - Designed by Oscar kwa ushirikiano wa SimplexDesign